About See the Possibilities
The See the Possibilities campaign aims to engage with employers to help them understand the value that people with disability bring to business.
Showcasing stories from employer advocates and people with disability, the campaign demonstrates the possibilities of employing people with disability and asks employers to take the pledge in support of hiring people with disability.
The campaign demonstrates positive examples of inclusive employment practice to promote positive perceptions and build an environment that encourages inclusion. It equips employers with information about hiring people with disability and supports them to take the next steps to building a more inclusive workforce.
See the Possibilities is presented by the Department of Family and Community Services.
The campaign supports:
- The NSW Government State Priority – Creating jobs
- The NSW Disability Inclusion Plan 2015 and the government’s priority areas to:
- increase the number of people with disability in meaningful employment
- develop positive community attitudes and behaviours.
About the Department of Family and Community Services
Family and Community Services works with children, adults, families and communities to improve lives and help people realise their potential.
Together with our partners, particularly our government counterparts and the non-government organisations (NGOs) we fund, we work to achieve these goals by following our Strategic Statement, which sets out the FACS Department’s visions, values and objectives:
- Children and young people are protected from abuse and neglect, and have the best possible lives
- People with disability are supported to realise their potential
- Social housing assistance is used to break disadvantage
- People are assisted to participate in social and economic life
- People experiencing domestic and family violence, or at risk of it, are safer
- Aboriginal people, families and communities have better outcomes.
For further information contact:
For more information, read about how the NSW Government supports people with disability, including information about the NDIS and NDIS in NSW, or visit the Department of Family and Community Services website.
Assistance for organisations
Assistance for people with disability
Take the pledge
Show your support
Share the benefits with other organisations
Find out how your business can benefit and get involved
"We don't see disability, we see capability."Luke Sayers, CEO, PwC